- Tropical Depression One-E has formed about 685 miles southwest of Manzanillo, Mexico.
- Tropical Depression One-E is expected to strengthen to a tropical storm soon, and a hurricane Friday.
- Rapid intensification - an increase in sustained winds of 30 knots or more in 24 hours or less - is possible over the next day or so, due to low wind shear and warm sea-surface temperatures.
- Once it strengthens into a tropical storm it will receive the name, Andres.
- This system will likely remain well off the Mexican coast, eventually weakening over colder water early next week.
- High surf appears to be the most likely indirect impact along the Baja peninsula, including Cabo San Lucas, this weekend into early next week.
The Latest Status, Forecast Path and Infrared Satellite Maps